I’ve been thinking about something recently, and I want to write about it.
Do you remember the new year’s resolutions I wrote? I’m going to list them here again, and talk about what is it to be improve the self.
1. Lose weight (and workout more). Only work out when I can make time, and just try to be healthy.
2. No more wasting money on clothes (which don’t fit me that well). Be smarter about clothes. I don’t need many, but it’s okay to buy clothes that are appropriate and comfortable.
3. Study more. Just a bit more.
4. Go out less. (it’s not like I go out a lot, and it’s not like I’m missing anything out there).
5. Reduce the number of my friends. Not all of them are worth it (no worries, my friends don’t really read my blog).
6. Travel. Really, even when I have no one to travel with. It’s okay not to be able to travel when because I can’t. Can’t force myself to travel when I don’t have money, time or the right companionship. I can always travel in the future, but can’t force myself to travel for the sake of travelling (and then show off on the social network)
7. Don’t date. At all. Unless they prove their worth. The right person will come up when you’re least expecting. In the meantime, I have other stuff to worry about.
more in this blog.
Ever since the beginning of this year, I’ve been trying to work on myself. Essentially on my personality and attitude.
- I want to be kinder. Not chocolate Kinder. I want to be a kind person. I want to be nice and helpful. When I can, and when I’m at the right place, I want to help.
- I want to be patient. Patience is a luxury, and yes, sometimes we don’t have everything under control, and sometimes we can be anxious and paranoid. But there’s still an inner poise we can still focus on. And patience makes us feel relaxed and content I suppose.
- I want to know myself better. I started doing that many years ago by writing down my feelings, and I also tend to speak to myself when I’m alone. And it helps. It helps let obnoxious feelings out, and it helps understand where they might come from. Exploring feelings helps exploring the self. I try not to let things in, at least not with myself.